"Bieszczady bez granic"
The oldest philharmonic assembly running in Poland the Second World War - has existed since December 1944. A position of managing director holds Jan Sęk, and an artistic director and the 1st conductor, Piotr Wijatkowski. A concert hall on Osterwa 7 Street. In December 1944 the Lublin Chamber Orchestra was organized, and transformed in 1946, into Urban Lublin Philharmonic Hall. The first Director of the Philharmonic Hall became Jan Widmański and permanent conductor and artistic director, its current organizer, Zygmunt Szczepanski.
Before the end of 1946-1947 artistic season, Zygmunt Szczepanski resigned from his position and left Lublin. The Director Jan Widmański still remained and a position of artistic management took over Adam Wyleżyński. On November 21, 1949, according to directive of the Minister of Culture and Art, Philharmonic Hall received the title of the State Philharmonic Hall in Lublin.
In 1951, the director became Antoni Niemczynowski, while the artistic director - Robert Satanowski Felicjan Lasota Robert Satanowski and Felicjan Lasota. From 1 February 1953 The Director Philharmonic Hall became R. Wiercioch and during the artistic season 1954/1955 the artistic director was Olgierd Straszyński. On 13 and 15 May 1955, there were two jubilee concerts in the Lublin Philharmonic Hall on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of its existence. It was a period of greater momentum in the orchestra activities. There were also changes in the management - Olgierd Straszynski, who was a manager of the Symphony Orchestra in Olsztyn, replaced Karol Anbild and then it was engaged another conductor, Andrew Cwojdzinski. November 16, 1955, Andrew Cwojdziński became the Director of Philharmonic Hall, while position of artistic director was still holded by Karol Anbild. At the end of season the second conductor became Marian Lewandowski. In 1957, the orchestra had grown to 57 instrumentalists. It was started also a constant cooperation with the choir Choral Society "Echo", which resulted in a higher popularization of choral-orchestral music.
Honoring the artistic season 1958/1959 were the jubilee celebrations on the occasion of the fifteenth anniversary of the Lublin Philharmonic Hall. Presidium of the Provincial Council in Lublin on that occasion gave the Lublin institution title of "H. Wieniawski State Philharmonic Hall in Lublin ". On the date of 01.01.1964. the current director, Andrzej Cwojdzinski, replaced Marian Lewandowski, who led the Philharmonic Hall to the 31.05.1969.
Adam Natanek. The breakthrough years for the Philharmonic Hall is a period of 1969–1990. A General and Artistic Director of Philharmonic Hall became Adam Natanek, an outstanding conductor, a graduate of the Faculty of Theory, Conducting and Composition at the State Higher Music School in Cracow. Thanks to Adam Natankowi, Lublin Philharmonic Hall has expanded its repertoire of new musical forms and genres. Director and Conductor in the one persona introduced to Philharmonic repertoire vocal and instrumental pieces - oratories, masses, cantatas as well as operas in a stage version. In that time was developed a cooperation of Philharmonic with amateur choirs, such as: „Echo”, Choirs of UMCS, KUL, Agricultural Academy, Technical University of Lublin, Metropolitan Cathedral of Lublin. Adam Natanek initiated in the 80's years Philharmonic Orchestra's tours to perform abroad (continued by the following directors) - in Italy (1980, 1981, 1984), in Switzerland (1985), in Spain (1989, 1990, 1993), in Sweden (1991, 1995), in Germany (1992, 1995). The assebmlt takes part in prestigious festivals: in Kosice (1986); Festival of Contemporary Music in Alicante (1989); Festival of Flamenco in Sewille (1990) as well as Franco Ferrary's Conducting Seminar (Italy, 1984). It was a creator of such festivals as: Music September of Lublin, the Nałęczow Divertimento and summer concerts in Museum in Kozłówka as well as in the parish church in Kazimierz.
Adam Natanek's merit is also the fact that thanks to his efforts there was changed a project started in 1971 concerning the construction of edifice that is currently called Theatre Under Construction. Initially there was not included at plans the existence of the Philharmonic there. Adam Natanek also made a selection of the contractor of famous organs (company Schuck), located in the present Philharmonic concert hall. Thanks to Adam Natanek on the Lublinian stage performed great soloists and conductors, i.a: Danuta Damięcka (a student of Ada Sara), Wadim Brodski, Kaja Danczowska, Henryk Debich, Joanna Domańska, Jadwiga Kotnowska, Roman Jabłoński, Wanda Wiłkomirska, Konstanty Andrzej Kulka, Krzysztof Jabłoński, Waldemar Malicki, Krzysztof Penderecki, Edward Zbigniew Zienkowskii and many others. In the early seventies at Lublin Philharmonic started to appear numerous chamber ensembles: Reed Trio (1977), Baroque Trio, Harp Trio, Piano Trio, Drums Trio.
Leszek Ferdynand Hadrian in 1990 became the executive director of the Philharmonic, and in 1992 for the position of artistic director was appointed George Salwarowski, who held his duties until the end of 1993r.
In spring 1994., The artistic director's posiotion was charged to Agnieszka Kreiner, who finally completed the Philharmonic's relocation to a new seat by Maria Curie Skłodowska 5 St. in Lublin.
In November 1996 the Executive Director of the Philharmonic became Teresa Księska-Falger, and since September 1997 she also held the position of the Artistic Director. The new director reactivated significant for the city and region music events – the Nałęczow Divertimento and the Musical September of Lublin.Philharmonics performs also abroad: in the Netherlands(1998), in Germany (1997, 2001, 2002), in Italy (2000, 2001, 2004), in South Korean (1999 – twice), in Denmark (2000, 2001, 2004), in Austria (2003). Teresa Księska-Falger introduces to Philharmonic's repertoire the Symfonies of G. Mahler, A. Bruckner, compositions of H. M. Górecki, W. Kilar, W Lutosławski, K. Penderecki, H. Wars, E Czerny, A. Nikodemowicz, M. Dubaj, P. Hindemith, stage versions of opera of G. Verdi, G. Donizetti, G. Puccini, P. Czajkowski. Lublin Philharmonic Hall joined in the organization of contemporary art festival known as Witold Lutoslawski Lublin Contemporary Art Forum , whose initiators were Agnieszka Kreiner and prof. Gabriela Klauza (Institute of Music of UMCS).
From May 2004 to January 2009, the Executive Director was Miroslaw Ziomek, and currently - since February 6, 2009 - at the forefront of the institution is standing Jan Sęk.
Lublin Philharmonic Orchestra has 83 musicians. It Performs a diverse repertoire ranging from Baroque music through classicism, romanticism, to contemporary music, and also makes many radio and TV recordings, and records albums:
- Souvenir de Lublin under the direction of A. Kreiner, E. Zienkowski - violin (1996);
- Hansel and Gretel, E. Humperdinck, under the direction of Paul Kantschieder (1997);
- Music travels through the world,P. Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 35, M. Musorgski / M. Ravel. Pictures from an Exhibition under the direction of Piotr Wijatkowski, D. Falger - violin (1997);
- Philippe Chamouard Symfonie III Les jardins du desert, L’espirit de la nuit, Les Figures de I’invisible under the direction of Piotr Wijatkowski (2001);
- Concerting Symfonie of K. Szymanowski, A. Tansman Suite for two pianos under the direction of P. Wijatkowski, Ewa Wolak-Moszyńska, Andrzej Pikul - piano (2001);
- The Lublin Concert, Bernhard Lang Hommage a Martin Arnold 2, Wolfgang Liebhart Walzer, Dieter Kaufmann Für Clara ein romantisches Konzert pod dyr. Vladimira Kiradjieva, Elena Rozanova - piano (2001);
- G. Bizet Le Docteur Miracle, Uwertura a-moll, Scherzo z 1861 roku, Scenes bohémiennes from opera: La Jolie Fille de Perth under the direction of Didier Talpain, Olga Pasiecznik - soprano, Hjördis Thébault - mezzosoprano, Yannis Christopoulos - tenor, Pierre-Yves Pruvot - bass (2002);
- K. Lipiński Orchestral Pieces, Overture in D major Second Violin Concerto in D major op. 21 Military Symphony in B-flat major under the direction of Piotr Wijatkowski, Dominika Falger - violin (2003);
- The Organ Evening in the Lublin Philharmonic Hall - Joachim Grubich - Lublin Philharmonic organs (FRYDERYK 2004 - Phonographic Academy Award in the category of classical music - album of the year - solo music).
Since 1944 until today, on the stage of Philharmonic Hall has occurred many excellent musicians: Karol Teusch, Jerzy Katlewicz, Henryk Czyż, Vladimir Kiradjiev, Dalia Atlas, Jan Krenz, Wojciech Michniewski, Jerzy Maksymiuk, Antoni Wit, Łukasz Borowicz, Michał Dworzyński, Krzysztof Penderecki, Zygmunt Rychert, Ahmed El Saedi, Dong H. Hyung, Taduesz Wojciechowski, Zbigniew Graca, Marek Pijarowski, Salvator Brotons, Anton Garcia Abril, as well as soloists: Światosław Richter, Lidia Grychtołówna, Regina Smendzianka, Waldemar Malicki, Kevin Kenner, Aldona Dvarionaite, Guy Bovet, Almut Rössler Józef Serafin, Andrzej Chorosiński, Joachim Grubich, Konstanty Andrzej Kulka, Krzysztof Jakowicz, Dawid Ojstrach, Wanda Wiłkomirska, Yair Kless, Dominika Falger, Edward Zbigniew Zienkowski, Piotr Pławner, Bartłomiej Nizioł, Anastazja Czebatorowa, Andrzej Bauer, Tomasz Strahl, Adam Klocek Henryk Kaliński, Dariusz Mikulski, Hanna Lisowska, Jadwiga Rappé, Stefania Woytowicz, Patricia Adkins-Chiti, Dorota Radomska, Dorota Lachowicz, Elżbieta Stengert, Izabela Kłosińska, Urszula Kryger, Maria Esther Guzman, Victor Monge Serranito, Łukasz Długosz, Dina Yoffe, Eugen Indjic, Rafał Blechacz, Tatiana Shebanova, Stanisław Drzewiecki, Philippe Giusiano, Krzysztof Jabłoński, Dominik Połoński, Bartosz Koźlak, Kuba Jakowicz, Anna Maria Staśkiewicz, Hjordis Thebault, Pierre Yves Pruvot, Elżbieta Karaś-Krasztel, Phillipe Do, Rafał Siwek, Pavlo Tolstoy, Victoria Vatutina.